Thursday, July 1, 2010

RE:START: Moving On - I Give You Permission


A woman was changed on Saturday...
I know she was. She paced between three paintings, and then down to two, and when it looked like she was at a stalemate we talked. Both paintings spoke to her. One was a revelation that she had baggage in her life and she could put it down. That resonated with her. The second one told her to put it down. In the end, she chose the one that gave her permission to move one and I could see that she would. I smiled as she walked away with it.

How often do we put off making a change in our lives? 
I'm guilty of this, it happens often. Most times I don't see what needs to change right away. What I've found most revealing is while I am painting the smaller paintings, my mini's as I'm affectionately calling them, and putting the stories together I am constantly reminded of what is holding me back from moving on in an area in my life. It has been the most amazing process for me and I hope as people read them and take them home with them, that they are a catalyst to change in their lives. 

All worth it.
I loved this painting/story (pic above) when it was finished. And when this woman decided to take it home, I knew that everything that I had gone through to get to this moment was worth it. That one person and that one painting, it was my purpose. And I imagine that over time, she will look at that painting differently. That for now, it will remind her of where she wants to be. Then one day, she will look at it and realize that she let it go and re:started that part of herself and moved on and smile even bigger.

It's my bliss.  
I love what my hands create and what others connect with. So, if you come to my booth know this about me - I want to save the world, one soul at a time. And these hands that I've been given, they are a gift to me. They take the pain and confusion in my life and create paintings outside my own imagination and hopefully give hope to others. My work is about letting go, putting down the baggage in your life and moving towards something greater than we can ever imagine, a sense of weightlessness. If you need to put something down and move on, I give you permission. Re:Start Your Life now, what's holding you back. 

2 comments:

Andiruth said...

Love. God bless your work.

APackard said...

Yeah, I just have to ditto that comment!! :)