Friday, June 3, 2011

RE:PURPOSE | What Now?











Reality Check
Ever wake up one morning, go about your day, and in the midst of all the normality - something radically changes that rocks your world? When unexpected things happen I tend to forget the one truth that I do know for sure–that nothing is permanent and we've never been promised that we'll be unchanged. 

Blue or Red Pill
Change. While I might not choose it or instigate it at times, it can turn out to be the best thing. I am a nerd and I just rewatched the Matrix again. Remember the moment when Keanu Reeve's character is asked whether he wants his life to remain the same, or if he wants his eyes opened to the reality, the truth? He takes a moment and swallows the pill that will give him reality, not knowing how harsh it really is. We tend to hang on to things for the wrong reasons or talk ourselves out of change for a variety of reasons. Why is that? What pill would you take? And why?

Swallowing it is a whole other thing
Change is hard and I'm not going sugar coat that. It can upset routines, finances, relationships, shaking  at the very foundation that you've built your life on. I’ve had that kind of shift in my life, many, many times and I'm here to tell you that you will survive it. That once the shock has passed and the "why me" has run through your brain a few hundred times, you'll pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and realize you have a clean slate in front of you ready and waiting for you to draw on and find your new purpose.
 

1 comment:

Andiruth said...

Rise up, Beautiful One, knowing that you are loved. In a desert comes a tender, comforting voice...
Strength to walk on with a quiet spirit and joy: it's a beautiful thing.